cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulbch9
Regular Visitor

Powerapps to manage Teams private channel

Hello,

For a project, I would need to create a PowerApps application that allows to add members in a teams and to select in which private channels you want to add them. I succeeded in the first part to add a list of people to a team with the "AddMemberToTeams" function (see picture). But I can't add them to a specific private channel, do you have an idea?

Thanks in advance !

Paul

paulbch9_0-1653982778386.png

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:ComboBox1.SearchText, top:10})

MicrosoftTeams.AddMemberToTeam("47a41........",ComboBox1.Selected.Id,{owner:Checkbox1.Value})

2 REPLIES 2
JimmyWork
Super User
Super User

Not sure, but are u able to list all private channels, and are the user/system account a member of the private channel?
The user thats adding the others to the private channel needs to be in that private channel.

The member you are adding then needs to be added to the team first the then private channel.
For a channel I don't think you can use the AddMemberToTeam, for example in PS it's Add-TeamChannelUser

Thanks for your answer, yes I can display the list of channels of the Teams (public and private):

paulbch9_0-1653988157155.png

with : MicrosoftTeams.GetChannelsForGroup("47a413......").value

And yes the user/system account a member of the private channel. 

But I don't find a function as Add-TeamChannelUser in PowerApps and I have never used PS so i don't know how to do.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (5,095)