Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meddlema
Helper I
Helper I

Powerapps went fubar

Hello, 

I have been customizing a powerapps form for a SharePoint list.  

I was nearly done. 

I clicked in the InputTextPlaceholder field.  I had a flashing cursor in the field.  I pressed backspace to delete the default text and add my own. 

Everything on my Data form was deleted.  I pressed CTRL+Z to undoe what ever happend. 

This is how it returned my data fields.  

Powerapps.PNG

This is not how it had layed out.      I am not sure if this a bug or what but it needs to be accounted for.   Now I have to rebuild the form unless some know how to revert to older one.  

I have cleared the cache and cookies and tried in other browsers with the same issue.   Another question why did powerapps save this when I did not save it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It only did it this one time and I was able to resize the cards. 

Thank you for following up. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SynergyM
Advocate II
Advocate II

I thought this might be related to your problem.  The PowerApps editor is running like total crap for me all of a sudden.  Certain functions wont work anymore, like Select().  My apps are totally screwed up.

Have you checked your previous versions to see if there's a good save?:  On the make.powerapps.com page click the ... icon next to your app.  Select "Details" and then go to Versions.  You can restore a previous version from there and see if it's better.

Thanks for the heads up SynergyM

I looked for version but there weren't any.  I had not published it yet so it did not show me any. 

After I calmed down I noticed that all the fields and formatting were still there.   They were just rearranged and shrunk down. 

After resizing and moving back to their proper placement the form is working again.   Turned out to not be as bad as I thought. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @meddlema I'm sorry you were experiencing this issue. Is this still occuring?

@Anonymous 

It only did it this one time and I was able to resize the cards. 

Thank you for following up. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,308)