cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dina
Helper I
Helper I

Pre-populate fields based on drop down

hi Community! Need some help with getting the right formulas for the following scenarios:

1- If "Product" selected in "Flat Rate Auto PSI 7 or 14 day", then pre-populate Field "Auction location" to be set and locked to "All Locations" 

Dina_0-1631626234371.pngDina_1-1631626238816.png

Dina_2-1631626243422.pngDina_3-1631626247841.png

then is the formula set to the "Items" or to "Default" ?? and or "Default Selected Items"? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second scenario is :

1- If "Product" is selected in "Flat Rate Auto PSI 7 or 14 days", then pre-populate "Purchase Channel Preference" with "In Lane" & "Simulcast" but allow them to select the 3rd option in this field.. (meaning, don't need to lock the field to enable changes)

Dina_4-1631626514953.png

Appreciate the help! 

Thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

patching and displaying lookup field and choice fields are different. For lookup you need to enter 

LookUp(DataSource, ID = )

or anything that find that exact value in the default selected items.

My advice don't use lookup fields ever. every field can be used as text type in back end and can have same functionality in front end.

https://www.practicalpowerapps.com/delegation/power-apps-delegation-sharepoint/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

Dina
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you so much! That worked with a small caveat - I can't get the value"All Locations" to move to my spo list. I realize the only difference is that this is a look-up field versus a choice field like the "Purchase channel scenario". Does the formula need to change to correct that ? 

patching and displaying lookup field and choice fields are different. For lookup you need to enter 

LookUp(DataSource, ID = )

or anything that find that exact value in the default selected items.

My advice don't use lookup fields ever. every field can be used as text type in back end and can have same functionality in front end.

https://www.practicalpowerapps.com/delegation/power-apps-delegation-sharepoint/

View solution in original post

Dina
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @zmansuri thank you for that. The lookup formula works fine when added to the display selected items, but when adding to DisplayMode it will not work.

Dina_3-1633358157857.png

I can't change this lookup field now. 

So for now I have the field populated but it's not being transferred to the list where I am then running a flow to SF with all that information. 

Anything else I am missing?

Dina_0-1633356322626.pngDina_1-1633356333966.png

Dina_2-1633356384521.png

Thank you for the help! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,254)