Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prepopulate Lookup Column value in Main List Form Control Power App

Hi Family,

I am working on the below scenario.

"List A" has ID, Name columns with Employee data.

"List B" has all the main columns related to my App & I created ID, Name columns as lookup columns in "List B" to get all the data of IDs, Names from "List A".

Now in my app, I created a Form control in which I am displaying ID, Name fields.

Now My Requirement is: whenever I select a value from drop down options in ID field I need to prepopulate the relative Name dropdown value in the form & submit data into Main List "List A". how can I achieve this?

I hope I made this requirement clear.

Thankyou!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I am so confused that the main listA has employee data including ID and Name, why you want to save the ID and Name data from the form to List A?

Get ID and Name from ListA and then save ID and Name to List A? So confusing.😂

To prepopulate the Name dropdown, set the DefaultSeletcedItems property as below:

Filter(LisA,ID=ComboBoxID_listB.Selected.Id).Name

Anyway, set the OnSelect property of the submit button as below:

Patch(ListA,Defaults(ListA),{ID:ComboBoxID_ListB.Selected.Id,Name:ComboBoxName_ListB.Selected.Value})

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I am so confused that the main listA has employee data including ID and Name, why you want to save the ID and Name data from the form to List A?

Get ID and Name from ListA and then save ID and Name to List A? So confusing.😂

To prepopulate the Name dropdown, set the DefaultSeletcedItems property as below:

Filter(LisA,ID=ComboBoxID_listB.Selected.Id).Name

Anyway, set the OnSelect property of the submit button as below:

Patch(ListA,Defaults(ListA),{ID:ComboBoxID_ListB.Selected.Id,Name:ComboBoxName_ListB.Selected.Value})

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (5,129)