cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prevent Android Back button from returning to previous screen

Is there a way so that when the back button (Bottom right on Android) is pressed the app doesn't return to the previous screen? I just want the "Close App" Message to show up.

If I have visited a few screens on the app I have to press the back button multiple times before I can exit the app.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Dan,

No, this cannot be done in PowerApps so far. You could post this idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mona,

Is there a way to add logic for when the user presses the back button on android? Currently the navigate back arrows on my app have logic attach to them so when the user navigates back a page using the back icon button the correct logic will trigger. The issue is if some presses the back button on an android phone they will be navigated back a screen but the logic won't run.

Thanks

Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (51,287)