cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Prevent Co-Owner to Export Package

Are there any ways to be able to grant another user edit privilege without having the ability to download the package? My fear is that when someone already has edit access on apps developed by the company, they can reuse it when they move to another company. I appreciate the help.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Prevent Co-Owner to Export Package

@mmq_512 

Nope.  If you cannot trust the person the only option is not to make them a co-owner.

Why don't you make them sign a contract that says they can't take apps made at work to another workplace and use them for commercial purposes? (NOT A LAWYER)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your response. We already have that in place but given how our company apps are growing, we're assigning more as owners. It's rampant in the industry that when people leave the company they work for, they always reuse their practices and even company practices and proprietary resources. So having an ability to do that via the app would be great rather than just having them sign something.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@mmq_512 

I can totally empathize with your situation. 

To discourage an employee from walking off with a whole bunch of designs all you can currently do is give co-owner status only to those who need it and remove them as co-owner once the project is done.  It prevents people from doing a mass download and running away.

Re-using your company's app building practices at another company is a different story altogether.  People are free to take what they've learned and go to another company unless its protected by trademark or copyright.  All that can be done here is try to hire ethical people.  If that fails, I say build strong customer relationships and execute better than the competition!

If you'd like to see this functionality please you can always post it as an Idea and encourage others to vote for it!

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/PA_Comm_Ideas

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

That is ideal but realistically speaking it would be tedious because for each of the app we build, we grant more or less a hundred users and these changes whenever there are new users or if the users resign. Right now we have almost 50, so removing ownership and then granting them again would be a tedious process but thanks for the insight. Since this is not existing, I will just submit a recommendation to MS and hopefully  they consider. Appreciate your time.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@mmq_512 

No problem at all.  I hope that eventually you get the feature you wanted!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,435)