cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xecho
Frequent Visitor

Preview mode not working

Hi,

Suddenly today the preview mode for the app is not working, but when I go to the Live mode everything works fine.

When selecting buttons nothing works, variables are not set etc.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

Bart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @timl 

Some feedback ...

I have to eat some very humble pie. Microsoft contacted me to have a look at the issue, and it was all me - and nothing to do with PowerApps at all. I had somehow lost the X co-ords on my controls which threw everything out of kilter when the app was played. 

So, huge thanks to Carlos Figueira for the call to have a look at the issue, and to @sridutt for making contact and  arrangements.

I am back in action and back in love with PowerApps again.

@timl  - thanks to you too for playing middle man. Really appreciate it.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi Bart

Last Thursday (25 Feb), there was an update to Power Apps that resulted in this problem.

After I reported it, the Power Apps team worked swiftly to resolve this. This post gives more of a running commentary about how this unfolded.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Forms-suddenly-disconnected-from-data-and-vi...

Chuck has asked me to review the posts from that day to ensure that the problem has been fully fixed. Can you confirm that's the case?

markfleet
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @timl 

The issue from last week have definitely not yet been fully resolved. Several users are still reporting related issues.

LaelH
Advocate III
Advocate III

They fixed it briefly, but then broke again a couple of hours later. I suspect they rolled back to the previous version for a while, and then re-implemented the bugged version - thinking it was fixed.

Speculating won't help though - so the more people who report it here, the faster it may get resolved.

LaelH
Advocate III
Advocate III

@timl 

Definitely still an issue. Not fixed yet.

xecho
Frequent Visitor

Thanks.

Seems to be fixed for me.

timl
Super User III
Super User III

@LaelH @markfleet - thanks for the update - I'll pass that back to the Power Apps team now...

LaelH
Advocate III
Advocate III

Still no joy this morning. Any feedback?

I too am still having issues this morning meaning that I have had to suspend development of my app. This is the main issue that I am having:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/All-grey-screens-in-Studio-mode-and-no-objec...

@markfleet Serious commiseration and sympathies.  I am very lucky that my app is not yet in production. If it was I would be in serious trouble as the issue is affecting the runtime app at the moment.

I am dumbfounded that we are 5 days in to this issue and there is still no resolution, and worse still, so very little communication from Microsoft about where they are in resolving it!  How would I explain that to my clients that Microsoft released software with bugs in it, and they just have to be patient until Microsoft resolves them?? My clients have businesses to run, and the app I am developing is business critical.  Serious questions need be asked of Microsoft.

@chass @timl  

I am majorly concerned!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (71,463)