cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Pricing for PowerApps for Office365 non profit

Hi I am looking to customise some forms for a non-profit, chaity sector client, but I cannot find any non-profit pricing (except one post from 3 years ago).

This article has pricing for each O365 plan like E1, Academic etc, but there is no mention of non-profit plans.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus

Can anyone help? Before I get their hopes up!

Thanks

Ruth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Pricing for PowerApps for Office365 non profit

@RuthJennaway 

First, it should be noted that PowerApps for Office 365 is included with all the Office 365 plans.  So, there is no price involved for PowerApps license.  If you need to upgrade beyond that license to a P1 or P2 license, then...well, I've never seen specific pricing for those plans for non-profits.  But, I don't believe, based on your statement, that you need anything other than the standard plan.

Now...as far as Office 365 for non-profits - Yes, this is very much available.  The current plan for non-profits is an enerprise plan (E plans) or Business plan.  Non-profits pay about $4.50 per month per user for E3 licenses and nothing for E1 licenses or $3 a month per user for business premium and nothing for essentials.  You can check out non-profit plans at the Office 365 nonprofit site.

All of the above include PowerApps of Office 365.

Also, you might want to check out TechSoup for more tech savings for non-profit organizations.

If the orgnization is an officially registered nonprofit, the process of getting Office 365 for nonprofit is pretty simple.  All the eligibility information is on that site.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@RuthJennaway 

First, it should be noted that PowerApps for Office 365 is included with all the Office 365 plans.  So, there is no price involved for PowerApps license.  If you need to upgrade beyond that license to a P1 or P2 license, then...well, I've never seen specific pricing for those plans for non-profits.  But, I don't believe, based on your statement, that you need anything other than the standard plan.

Now...as far as Office 365 for non-profits - Yes, this is very much available.  The current plan for non-profits is an enerprise plan (E plans) or Business plan.  Non-profits pay about $4.50 per month per user for E3 licenses and nothing for E1 licenses or $3 a month per user for business premium and nothing for essentials.  You can check out non-profit plans at the Office 365 nonprofit site.

All of the above include PowerApps of Office 365.

Also, you might want to check out TechSoup for more tech savings for non-profit organizations.

If the orgnization is an officially registered nonprofit, the process of getting Office 365 for nonprofit is pretty simple.  All the eligibility information is on that site.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

HI @RuthJennaway ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to use PowerApps functionality with a Non-profit license plan?

If you want to use PowerApps functionality with Non-profit license plan, I think the PowerApps Community Plan could achieve your needs.

The PowerApps Community Plan is a development environment for individual user to design PowerApps canvas app. More details about PowerApps Community Plan, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/dev-community-plan

On your side, you could consider sign up for PowerApps Community plan with your work or school account, then you could enjoy PowerApps design functionality.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

My client has a fairly long questionnaire with many radio button answers 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 etc, but these are shown on separate lines with a lot of white space in the modern list UI. This makes the form almost unusable, and classic mode view is only 30% better.

So I would like to user PowerApps.

I was under the impression that the Community plan you mention is only for Developer / Test use, so I did not want to go down this route, then find that my charity client was going to have to pay to be able to use the form.

Is there a free plan for non-profits? 

Or maybe I have to go back to customising forms with SharePoint Designer (old school!)

Thanks for your help on this.

Regards

Ruth

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@RuthJennaway 

As I mentioned in my other response, if your non-profit has an Office 365 license, then they have a PowerApps license.

The community plan is for test and design.  

So again, if they have Office 365, then they have the license and you will be able to customize as you like.

Highlighted

You mentioned that if the non-profit has a Office365 license they also have a PowerApps license.  If that is true, why is PowerApps not included on the list of features here?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/nonprofit/office-365-nonprofit-plans-and-pricing

And when you say they have a license, does that also mean the price for any PowerApps built are also included in the price they pay for their office365 license, therefore they will pay no additional money to start using functionality built with PowerApps?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,943)