cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brokenlink
Advocate I
Advocate I

Print() gallery display is broken

I have an existing PowerApp which I am trying to add some print functionality to.

The screen I am trying to print contains a gallery which stretches the width of the screen. Everything looks fine while testing in the editor but after publishing and testing print the gallery has some strange behavior where each cell templateWidth seems to be halved.

Here is an example:

This gallery fills the screen and everything looks fine in the editor (print screen shown).

brokenlink_0-1642457406186.png

Publish the app, and try it for real, printing the same screen shows up as this:

brokenlink_1-1642457730590.png

This is just an example gallery for testing purposes but the real gallery I am using is set up the same.

The gallery

Width = screen.Width

TemplateSize = Self.Width / (CountRows(Self.AllItems))

The label inside the gallery:

Width = Parent.TemplateWidth

I have tried creating a new App and doing the same formatting and not encountered this error. 

Does anyone have a suggestion on what could be happening here?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brokenlink
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks Qi, 

I figured out that if you have Lock Aspect Ratio turned off this behavior happens in the print.

I managed to work around it by turning lock aspect ratio back on and reworking the layout of my app.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @brokenlink,

I have made a test  and it works on my side, there is no any strange behavior.

It seems to be a temporary issue. 

I would suggest you open a ticket to investigate deeper, please provide your App ID and you version info.

Here is the support team:

Support | Microsoft Power Apps

Best Regards,
Qi
brokenlink
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks Qi, 

I figured out that if you have Lock Aspect Ratio turned off this behavior happens in the print.

I managed to work around it by turning lock aspect ratio back on and reworking the layout of my app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,070)