cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt1moore

Printing

The printing feature is not working for me for mobile power apps. Is there a work around to allow for mobile printing? Any solution would be super helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Two things.  First, I assume the regular Print doesn't work because it prints through the operating system and won't know whether you have HP print or how to access it if you do.  For the other there are ways to create a PDF using Power Automate from the information on a Power app and then store it in OneDrive or SharePoint.  From there your HP print would be able to print it.  Here's a good video on creating a PDF from Power apps using Power Automate.

PowerApps PDF Generator using Microsoft Flow PDF Converter - YouTube

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Normally mobile devices don't have access to a printer unless they've loaded some extra software to allow them to do screen prints.  Do you have something like that?  Otherwise, what printer do you think the mobile will be able to print to?

EduCon Chicago 2022

All mobile iPhones should easily be able to access printers through the HP smart app. Which is how I am able to easily print pdf forms from my phone. But the Print() function does not have any functionality via the iPhone.

Is there any way to simply make a page of your app viewable as a pdf form? Because apply has a user interface already set up for pdfs that allow for sharing, downloading, and printing of PDF’s with ease. So utilizing this feature could be the best option.

Thanks,

Matt Moore

Gonzaga University ‘23

Computer Science & Business Administration

Concentration: Economics

Two things.  First, I assume the regular Print doesn't work because it prints through the operating system and won't know whether you have HP print or how to access it if you do.  For the other there are ways to create a PDF using Power Automate from the information on a Power app and then store it in OneDrive or SharePoint.  From there your HP print would be able to print it.  Here's a good video on creating a PDF from Power apps using Power Automate.

PowerApps PDF Generator using Microsoft Flow PDF Converter - YouTube

EduCon Chicago 2022

This will work perfect, thanks so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,487)