cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problem Displaying Sharepoint Images

I have a catalog app that displays products in a gallery.  Two days ago it was working fine loading the images from a sharepoint list but yesterday morning they stopped rendering the images although everything else in the sharepoint item is showing up OK.   I didn't change the app and I didn't touch the folder that contains the images. The images displays fine in the sharepoint list but Powerapps can't find them.   I can add URL's from other locations to the Sharepoint list picture column and they work fine in Powerapps.  But, the Powerapp application can no longer find the images which are stored in Sharepoint library in the same subsite as the Sharepoint list.  I can only conclude that something changed in how the Powerapps software works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Problem Displaying Sharepoint Images

I fixed this problem at least temporarily.  I exported my Sharepoint list that had my images to excel and then I changed the name of the Image column from "Images"to "Images [images]" which I understand is how an image column needs to be  named in an excel file to work in Powerapps.  I did this because I noticed in one of my tests that Powerapps was looking for something called Images [images] instead just Images that I had before.  I then exported it back to same place in sharepoint and it worked.  The new column in the new file has URL's instead of pictures rendered but it still works when I connect it to the Gallery in my Application.  I'm not sure why this now works when it worked fine before but thought this would help. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. I see the images on the SharePoint list but not in PowerApps. I even created a new PowerApp from that SharePoint list and the images were still missing, this just got rolled out to everyone at the company and now is not working. Please help!

Highlighted

I fixed this problem at least temporarily.  I exported my Sharepoint list that had my images to excel and then I changed the name of the Image column from "Images"to "Images [images]" which I understand is how an image column needs to be  named in an excel file to work in Powerapps.  I did this because I noticed in one of my tests that Powerapps was looking for something called Images [images] instead just Images that I had before.  I then exported it back to same place in sharepoint and it worked.  The new column in the new file has URL's instead of pictures rendered but it still works when I connect it to the Gallery in my Application.  I'm not sure why this now works when it worked fine before but thought this would help. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you for the follow up @ischmidt - if you run into this problem again please report back.

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,134)