AndresOsorio45
Level: Powered On

Problem adding Flow to Canvas App > Failed during HTTP Request

Hello.

I have a problem adding a flow in Powerapps

ErrorPowerapps.PNG

I manually run the flow and it runs correctly

Flow.PNG

My question is why I delete the action (update file properties) I can add the flow to my powerapps application

successPowerapps.PNG

Thanks for the help

2 REPLIES 2
dynamicsedge
Level 10

Re: Problem adding Flow to Canvas App > Failed during HTTP Request

@AndresOsorio45 

Try this:

A1. If you are trying from a browser where you have already signed in recently, try clearing all the Cookies and all the Cache from your browser, then close the browser completely, then wait about 30 seconds, and then make sure it is really closed (if needed, terminate residual instances with Task manager). After you made sure it is really closed, open the browser again and try the following steps below. Alternatively, try downloading the latest version of Chrome or Edge if possible. Or, try using the installed latest browser you didn't try yet (i.e. try Chrome if you tried Edge. Or try Edge if you tried Chrome). If you have used any of these browsers before to sign in, or have ever used them at all for any reason for that matter, clear all cookies and cache before proceeding. Also, just in case, even after clearing all cache and cookies, go ahead and open an Incognito or Private window, sign in again, and then try the following:

Then, after doing A1 above:

B1. Try saving the Flow as a new copy.

1. Go to https://us.flow.microsoft.com/ go to My Flows then from the list of Flows, find your Flow "FlujoPruebaUsario" hover over it with your mouse,  and press the ellipses that appear near it - then press the ellipses, and then press "Save As" - and give it a new name.

B2. Then, go ahead and clear all the cache and cookies and completely close the browser like in A1 again

B3. Open the browser again, open an InPrivate Window or Incognito Tab/Window in case, and sign in again.

B4. Open your PowerApp for editing

B5. Try adding the new Flow again.

B6. See if it helps.

B7. If not, then try this: Repeat A1 again - then sign in again - then repeat B1 and B2 again - then make a brand new PowerApp from Blank to troubleshoot - then repeat A1 again - - then try adding the new Flow to the new blank PowerApp. Does the error still persists?

B8. Retry B7 and associated steps, except this time use a brand new Instant Flow from Blank with PowerApps as the trigger - and try using only the PowerApps trigger and a Compose Action in that Flow that doesn't do much. Then try adding it into a Blank PowerApp - and then even the PowerApp you were using before - Does this work?

B9. If you add back the actions manually in to the Flow that worked in B8 (do NOT use the "Clipboard" in this troubleshooting step - add each of them in manually from scratch individually) - does the issue persist? 

If the above does not work or you need further help, you may want to consider making Microsoft support ticket after trying some or all of the above if it didn't help.

Finally, in your original Flow under Update File Properties action that you said it works after you delete it - try using only hard-coded values instead of referencing anything from the Flow actions, and see if for some reason this causes the Flow to be accepted for adding. However, we are not sure this would help, but you may want to check it. After you do this, if for some reason this worked, try re-adding the values in there (after doing A1 as well) in one or more different ways, and try doing it without copying and pasting it in there if possible to troubleshoot, and see if this works as well.

Also, there is something we are confused about. If there was an error, you deleted the action, and then you were able to add the Flow. Then you may have already solved the problem. Why not just add it back in and continue on? Do you get an error after adding the action back in? Note that when you add a Flow to a PowerApp, you only have to do this once - after you added it, you should be able to change the Flow how much you want without having to add it to the PowerApp again and again.

Also try one more thing. We think you are vague about where the error is happening.

We would suggest one more thing:

Try adding a "Respond to PowerApps or Flow" action at the very end of the Flow. This usually must be present in a PowerApps Flow. This also cannot be in the Apply to Each. Try adding one at the very end, respond with a dummy value first to test it, slowly try returning whatever it is you want to actually return, and see if this resolves your issue.

dynamicsedge
Level 10

Re: Problem adding Flow to Canvas App > Failed during HTTP Request

@dynamicsedge wrote:

Try adding a "Respond to PowerApps or Flow" action at the very end of the Flow. This usually must be present in a PowerApps Flow. This also cannot be in the Apply to Each. Try adding one at the very end, respond with a dummy value first to test it, slowly try returning whatever it is you want to actually return, and see if this resolves your issue.

@AndresOsorio45 

We strongly recommend you try the above first before you try what we said first. Even if you try the other things, also make sure you try this as well. Flow from PowerApps needs to have "Respond to PowerApps or Flow" action in there somewhere at the end of the Flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,911)