Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bheijligers
Helper I
Helper I

Problem filtering

Hello,

I hope somebody can help me. I keep having errors with the correct filtering off my time sheet app.

This is the orginal formula:

SortByColumns(Filter([@'Urenregistratie Heelektro']; StartsWith(Title; TextSearchBox1.Text)); "Title"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending))

I want it to filder on 'datum werkzaamheden' which is title1_1.

I hope somebody can help.

Thank you,

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since it a date column, instead of the textbox, insert a Datepicker. Then change the formula to:

SortByColumns(Filter([@'Urenregistratie Heelektro']; Title1_1=DatePicker1.SelectedDate); "Title1_1";

If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending))

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Do you have a Variable in addition to that formula?

Onvisible of your screen:
UpdateContext({SortDescending1:!SortDescending1})

What error message do you get.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

No not on addition.

it filters now on:

old filtering.PNG

and i want it to filter on:

new filteirng.PNG

Do you still have the error?

If it working, can you explain further what you now want to do.

------------

yes i cannot change the filter.

I want the second one but i don't understand the formula.

And then the formula goes into error if i change it to what i think it should be.

So i want to filter on title1_1 (the date).

I think i was not clear in messages if i read it back.

The filter works according to the first picture.

But i want it to work based on title1_1 (the date) as i marked in the second picture.

Everytime i change the formula it goes into error. So i think iam doing something wrong.

this is the old (working formula) 
SortByColumns(Filter([@'Urenregistratie Heelektro']; StartsWith(Title; TextSearchBox1.Text)); "Title"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending))

and i think i should change into:

SortByColumns(Filter([@'Urenregistratie Heelektro']; StartsWith(Title1_1; TextSearchBox1.Text)); "Title1_1"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending))

but than it goes to error.

Since it a date column, instead of the textbox, insert a Datepicker. Then change the formula to:

SortByColumns(Filter([@'Urenregistratie Heelektro']; Title1_1=DatePicker1.SelectedDate); "Title1_1";

If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending))

------------

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,463)