Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Citrix73
Helper I
Helper I

Problem populating collect from flow

Hi Guys,

this is my first experience with power apps. I'm a software developer with c#.

Now i have created a new app based on connection to SQL server trough Gateway.

I have used a guide on youtube that explain how to execute a query with flow.

I have used the object "Get Rows V2" and at the end of flow i have inserted an object "Response" with the Json schema.

Now the problem is that the flow run without problems and in the output i see the json created.

In my app i have created a collect linked to vertical gallery.

With a simple button i launch the flow with this formula "ClearCollect('Raccolta 2';Load_Tasks.Run("parameter")) but the collect remain empty.

If i run the monitoring i see that the step before last load all the rows correctly as you can see in the attach.

Please, where am I wrong

Immagine.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Citrix73 

Shane Young has a great video regarding SQL and filtering tables. He uses the function Filter which is basically a query/condition.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmh8eeQVAIc&ab_channel=ShaneYoung

This might help you. If it doesn't, please let me know so we can check further.

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FabianAckeret
Super User
Super User

hi @Citrix73 

Is there a reason why you don't add the source (SQL) to your Power Apps directly instead of running a flow? That would also be faster in terms of responses.

Kind regards,

I tried, but i don't have to access a table directly but i have to query with several conditions in and and i don't know how to do it. I have not found any guides on this subject

@Citrix73 

Shane Young has a great video regarding SQL and filtering tables. He uses the function Filter which is basically a query/condition.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmh8eeQVAIc&ab_channel=ShaneYoung

This might help you. If it doesn't, please let me know so we can check further.

View solution in original post

timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Citrix73 

I'm not exactly sure what the answer is to this.

To confirm, when you click the File > Collections menu item after you run your flow, what do you see against the 'Raccolta 2' collection? Do you see the columns headers from your response but no rows, or do you see nothing at all?

As @FabianAckeret says, if it's possible for you to connect directly to SQL Server from Power Apps, that would be easier than doing it through a Flow.

You can create and connect to a SQL View if you want to join several tables, and you can call the Filter function to query a table/view with multiple conditions.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-filter-lookup

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,197)