Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jvasil
Microsoft
Microsoft

Problem using Lookup method with a value selected in a Combo Box

Hello,
I have a powerapp that creates new items in an SPO list. I need to make sure there are no existing items in the SPO list that already have the same values that the user sets in the PowerApp when creating a new item.
For example I need to make sure there are no items in the SPO list that already have the same Brand, Model, and ColorValue, that the user is inputting into the PowerApp.
In the 2nd screenshot below, you can see I'm using the Lookup method on OnSelect property of the submit button of the EditItem form. It works fine for the Brand and Model datacardvalues because they're both text boxes in the PowerApp and text fields in SPO list
The problem I'm running into is the ColorLookUp Combo box value in the PowerApp
As you can see below, PowerApps wont let me compare "ColorValue" in the SPO List to the value selected in the combo box (DataCardValue11.Selected) .. In addition, it won't let me use the selected value in Combo box in my notification statement.
Anyone know how to address these issues?

Jvasil_0-1620162492252.png        

Jvasil_1-1620162514566.png

Code in txt below..

==============================

If(
!IsBlank(LookUp(Carlist, Brand = DataCardValue8.Text && Model = DataCardValue10.Text && ColorValue = DataCardValue11.Selected)),
Notify("An entry containing" & DataCardValue8.Text & " and " & DataCardValue10.Text & " and " &DataCardValue11.Selected & " already exists in the list." & " Please create a unique entry that does not already exist in the list" , NotificationType.Error),
SubmitForm(EditForm1);ResetForm(EditForm1)
)
==============================

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That @rizkyaditya your response led me to use ColorValue = DataCardValue11.Selected.Value) which works!! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mstarc

Combo boxes use SelectedItems instead of Selected as they allow multiple selection.  If the column in your data source is not a multi-select column, you could use a dropdown instead.  

So you would use DataCardValue11.SelectedItems

I tried using DataCardValue11.SelectedItems as well and have the same issue.. 

rizkyaditya
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @Jvasil 

You can try to use this for combobox

DataCardValue11.Selected.ColumnName

The column name will be the column which value you want to compare in your syntax (. . .ColorValue = DataCardValue11.Selected.ColumnName)

That @rizkyaditya your response led me to use ColorValue = DataCardValue11.Selected.Value) which works!! 

View solution in original post

Hello @Jvasil ,

Glad to hear that can help.

Please mark my answer as solution so the other that maybe have the same problem as yours can find it more easily.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,008)