Did you mean: 
Danny2810
Helper I
Helper I

Problem with Attachments

Hello everybody,

i need your help, please.

The situation is below:
I have a large collection of items (over 8200 items). This is made up of 265 smaller collections from a Sharepoint list.

Here the way:
I have a gallery with all datas from the big collection.

I click on a button in the gallery to see the details from these item in the collection (navigate to an view form) --> i the see all the details.

But in my attachment-box, i can´t see the attachments from this item. 

Now my question:
How can I realize that I can see the attachments from my big collection in the view form.

Please help me.

Greetings

Danny

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Danny2810 ,

Attachments do not get collected in the data of a collection. Assuming you have the ID of the item in your collection,

I have a blog on all the options of displaying and attaching them, but in a Gallery Items (and you could refer to this number)

Lookup(
   YourListName,
   ID=YourRecordIDNumber
).Attachments

would then allow you to have a thumbnail in an Image control with 

ThisItem.Value

and open them with 

Launch(ThisItem.AbsoluteUri)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Danny2810 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Danny2810 ,

Attachments do not get collected in the data of a collection. Assuming you have the ID of the item in your collection,

I have a blog on all the options of displaying and attaching them, but in a Gallery Items (and you could refer to this number)

Lookup(
   YourListName,
   ID=YourRecordIDNumber
).Attachments

would then allow you to have a thumbnail in an Image control with 

ThisItem.Value

and open them with 

Launch(ThisItem.AbsoluteUri)

WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Danny2810 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (100,555)