cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Problem with Choices function on Display

Ok now here is an odd one - sounds like a bug, but its one that should be so noticeable that I doubt that it is.

I have a very simple App that provides Project data to Executives on the Go in View only.  It only has two forms - Browse Gallery & then Display Only, there is no Edit needed as its an informational app.

Idea is when you find the right Project it displays the data all from a Sharepoint Online list.  It seems to have been working fine I believe up to last 24 hours.

Problem occurs only when in Live mode either on Phone App or on Desktop Browser - not when in Preview mode on the Desktop Browser testing.   So in Preview mode - No issues!

Problem is when in Live mode eithr from Phone App or Browser on Desktop:

1. When you select first Project when you first log in - no problems with any fields - all data is correct

2. When you go back from Details form to to select another project in Gallery form, all the fields that are Lookups using such the Choices function like....Choices('Portfolio Status'.'Project Manager')...show the data from the very first record that I looked at. 

3. In the SharePoint list I also save the name of the Project Manager which pulls in the data as a User from SharePoint in the usual manner.  Other than that other fields such such as Numbers, Text, Dates, %  etc are all correct. 

3. When I exit the App and log back in to a different Project, I get the correct data for the that, but again same problem when I go back and select a second, third or more Project the data for the Choice field is always the first record I selected in that session.

Now just to check I created a NEW app, linked to same SharePoint data and viloa - same problem.  I also created a NEW app, different List on same SharePoint site, again same issue.

Has me stumped!  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Problem with Choices function on Display

adding in @emmac to review and assist.

@Anonymous

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

@Anonymous  Any news on this?

I keep struggeling with this issue too and it is quite annoing.

My Choices() function keeps giving me an error where there is no error (by just erasing and retyping the last ")" it goes back to working) the problem is that the error keeps appearing with no apparent reason...

Thank you,

Claudia.

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

@Anonymous any news on this?

I am getting this error again and again with the Choices function inside com box / dropdown in form. With both Choices fields and LookUp fields... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,265)