cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
themistoklis
Regular Visitor

Problem with ClearCollect changing date fields to text

Hello All,

I connect to a Dataverse table to retrieve the data and the datatype of all fields are identified correctly to Powerapps.

When I create a new collection (because I join 2 Dataverse tables) then the datatypes of all fields are converted to text (including the date fields).

ClearCollect(ANPR_joined_dataset, 
   AddColumns('ANPR - LiveFeeds NEW',
       "Full_Name_or_Service", LookUp('ANPR - Vehicle Registration Plate Mappings', Car_Plate_No_No_Spaces='ANPR - LiveFeeds NEW'[@cre34_carplate], Full_Name_or_Service)
   )
);

The change of date fields to text causes additional problems to my powerapps report as I cannot query the data.

capturedon.png

How can I prevent this from happening?

Also it doesnt give me the option to change the control type from Text Column to Datetime column

Is there an efficient way to change the text date column to date column?

I used various formulas for the conversion from Text to Date (or Datetime) but when I query the data using the new date column it never returns any results.

It seems that it doesnt understand the format of the new date column.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @themistoklis,

I have made a test and the situation is confirmed on my side.

Firstly, we could not connect a collection to an Edit form.

Secondly, we could keep the date time type when we collect data from Dateverse table. Here I collect Pet2S table into ColPet and the PaymentDate is a DateTime type in the Dateverse table. You could find that the Label display data in data time format.

vqiaqimsft_0-1668569092287.png

Best Regards,
Qi

Hello @v-qiaqi-msft ,

Thank you for the reply,

I would like some clarifications regarding your answer.

When you say you confirmed the situation, do you mean that the join of 2 Dataverse tables return text fields only?

Hi @themistoklis,

What do you mean by that the joined Dateverse table returning text fields only? 

Unless you use some function like Text() to format the date time columns, a Date and Time column from Dataverse table will keep its column type in a collection.

Additional, how you populate the form item property with? You could only connect the form with data source from with data based instead of a temporary where you have Text columns storing date time value.

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,559)