cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lfinman
Level: Powered On

Problem with IsType/AsType now that Power Apps updated to v 3.20022.19

Has anyone experienced a problem with IsType/AsType on lookup fields in Power Apps v. 3.20022.19?  My system upgraded overnight from 3.20021.29 to 3.20022.19 and I now have a failure when using IsType/AsType on the Regarding lookup field in the D365/CDS Task entity.  Failure = collection remains empty, no error thrown.

This is a simple example of what is failing.  It has been working for weeks.  If I 'Restore' my saved Power App from yesterday, it restores with the 3.20021.29 release and works.  If I then 'save as', it converts to the new (22.19) release and fails.  If I comment out the IsType/AsType section it works.  

ClearCollect(  
   gblExampleBad,  
   AddColumns(  
     Filter(  
       'Tasks-Memos',  
       'Tasks-Memos (Views)'.'Tasks | Memos - Open (Power App)'  
     ),  
     "Regarding Search String",  
     If (  
       IsBlank(Regarding),  
       "_unattached_",  
       IsType(  
         Regarding,  
         [@Accounts]  
       ),  
       AsType (  
         Regarding,  
         [@Accounts]  
       ).'Account Name'  
     )  
   )  
 );  

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft psycrkz1
Microsoft

Re: Problem with IsType/AsType now that Power Apps updated to v 3.20022.19

It seems this issue has been fixed on the latest version of 3.20023.0 at moment. As I cannot repro the similar issue as yours right now.

lfinman

That sounds promising.  Is there somewhere I can go to see projected date of when 3.20023 will be available to US/Preview?  I just find this site, with no current release date/projected release date:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/powerplatform/released-versions...

Thanks,

Lyn

Microsoft psycrkz1
Microsoft

The version release is based on the region of your Power Apps environment. 

For US Preview environment it should already on 3.20024.

In my test, I am doing on Asia and Australia region which is on 3.20023. I assume for other regions, it will be got updated in the next week. (Normally, Aus will be the first region that got updated with the weekly patch)

lfinman

Thanks for the additional info.  I'm still currently 'stuck' at 3.20022.19 in my Sandbox (US Region) but sounds like I could create a Trial (US Preview) and test there.  I will close this for now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,828)