cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Problem with Lookup from Guid - instead of value it;s giving "Object object" in Data table

Hello,

Like in the title, I have GUID number in the table which I want to display value of.

I made text property in column of my datatablein canvas app:

LookUp(RandomtabletoDeletes, (cr437_randomtabletodeleteid=ThisItem.SubTitle2.RandomtabletoDelete),Name)

No errors detected, and sometimes It even give good results, but when I filtered the results or refresh datatable it produced -"Object object" instead of value. And last time I've edited app it had value of "Object object" by default but when I've refreshed table value was correct.

Z_Lukowski_0-1611789999373.png

Appreciate all the help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Z_Lukowski 

What is your data source? A CDS or a Excel file?

What is your "GUID number" column? A text string?

Since I don't have your data, you can try to user AddColumns() to add another column to keep the value from SubTitle2 into your table(replace the TableDataSource of your table in below formula):

AddColumns(TableDataSource,"newcolumn",SubTitle2)

Then Edit the fields of your table to add this “newcolumn”, check if this new added column works well:

v-albai-msft_0-1611890549597.png

If above still cannot work, as a workaround, I suggest you use Gallery instead of  DataTable. Sometimes I will also get "Object object" results in DataTable, maybe displayed values inside DataTable have some limits.

Best Regards,

Allen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Z_Lukowski 

What is your data source? A CDS or a Excel file?

What is your "GUID number" column? A text string?

Since I don't have your data, you can try to user AddColumns() to add another column to keep the value from SubTitle2 into your table(replace the TableDataSource of your table in below formula):

AddColumns(TableDataSource,"newcolumn",SubTitle2)

Then Edit the fields of your table to add this “newcolumn”, check if this new added column works well:

v-albai-msft_0-1611890549597.png

If above still cannot work, as a workaround, I suggest you use Gallery instead of  DataTable. Sometimes I will also get "Object object" results in DataTable, maybe displayed values inside DataTable have some limits.

Best Regards,

Allen

View solution in original post

Nothing worked properly, Ive switched to gallery, no problems there. 

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (93,395)