cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prathod
Regular Visitor

Problem with People Picker in SharePoint List custom PowerApps form

I have a PowerApps form created for my SharePoint custom list. In that form there is field called contact which is of type person.

If I have field settings as below, my people picker field works fine (this is out of the box control and no customization is done):

1.PNG

Now my actual person field is choosing users from a specific SharePoint Group, not from All users. So when I save the field settings. PowerApps form stopped showing me list of user in the Combobox option. 

Can some one let me know if there is any issue in my approach to make this people control work for specific Group of SharePoint?

Update: I have seen that if my SharePoint group has any Azure AD group member then it won't show that group's user in combobox but it will show the direct member of the SharePoint group but not the Azure AD group. So now I am wondering how can I fetch those AD group users into a dropdown.

Thanks in Adavnce!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Does the SharePoint Group you are using have individual users as members?  Or does it have a security group as a member? If an Office 365 backed site its usually the Office 365 security group.  AFter some testing I'm finding that PowerApps doesn't expand the group inside the SharePoint group.  If I add individual users the control works, but if the users are members of a group that is a member of the SharePoint group then the control doesn't see them. That's not a problem if you use All Users.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I'm not sure of the exact steps to do that, but I suspect that is your only option at this point.

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Does the SharePoint Group you are using have individual users as members?  Or does it have a security group as a member? If an Office 365 backed site its usually the Office 365 security group.  AFter some testing I'm finding that PowerApps doesn't expand the group inside the SharePoint group.  If I add individual users the control works, but if the users are members of a group that is a member of the SharePoint group then the control doesn't see them. That's not a problem if you use All Users.

Thank you for your reply @Pstork1.

I agree with your finding. The group I am using inside field setting, does not contain any user except security group. 

So I am assuming I need to fetch data with another data source of Azure AD and make people picker control working to show members which are part of Office 365 security groups. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I'm not sure of the exact steps to do that, but I suspect that is your only option at this point.

I really appreciate your help @Pstork1 !! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,162)