cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with different account added to my PowerApp

Hi guys,

I was building a form from a SharePoint list. All worked fine. Then, I was curious about the 'request sign-off'-Flow function and wanted to see if I could activate that using another account. So I clicked on Run this flow, changed the account to run it with. Nothing happened, thought 'Well, it's not that urgent' and went on. But now the Datasource for my list has changed to the other account, which should definitely not happen. I have deleted that datasource, added my own account as connector, saved and published, but it keeps reverting back to the other account...

Can anybody help me out? Thanks in advance!

Merel

3 REPLIES 3
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean that you app keeps connecting with flow of other account?

Actually, you could connect your app with data sources of other accounts.

You just need to login in different accounts when you create connection.

As your problem, your connection keep connecting with previous account, so that should because your server log in automatically.

I suggest you delete this connection firstly and then clean your browser's cache, try again.

Cleaning the browser's cache could make the server cancel the setting of logging  in automatically.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Phoebe,

Thanks for your reply! 

These were the steps I took:

• Created a list on a SharePoint site related to a Microsoft Team
  • Created a PowerApp form through the 'Customise forms'-option
  • The connection mentioned in the datasource was my account linked to the SharePoint site, which was fine
  • Clicked on Configure flows > Request sign-off > on
  • Clicked on an item > Request sign off > Edit connections > clicked on an Automation account that I also have access to but that does not have access to this SharePoint site
  • Flow did not run
  • Tried to enter a new item, got an error
  • Opened the PowerApp and saw that the connection made to the SharePoint site was now made through the Automation account
  • Deleted that, added my account > Publish & Save > but the account linked was still the Automation account.
  • I can't use the form from the Automation account, because that account is not part of this Microsoft Team, so it does not have access.
  • Added the Automation account to the team, opened the PowerApp in incognito mode, deleted the connection entirely, saved and published without the datasource. Removed Automation account from the team. Deleted cookies in regular browser, opened the PowerApp in my regular account, added datasource, saved and published. This seemed to work, but soon I got a long loading screen, I opened up the PowerApp again and voila the Automation connection was back again...

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Your help is much appreciated, thanks!

Merel

Anonymous
Not applicable

As an update to this saga I notice that some of my connections in Power Automate are automatically set now to the Automation account. I don't understand how to break this connection...

Any one any idea how to solve this? 

Thanks and happy New Year!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,636)