cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with region / language with the syntax

Hi all,

I have made a cascading lookup setup. This works fine. I have add a distinct filter to delete the duplicates. The solution is fine, when i my made PowerApp in an English site. Here is the code:

ClearCollect(
    collSchools,
    {
        Id: Distinct(
            Filter(
                Schools,
                Faculty.Id = DataCardValue2.Selected.Id
            ),
            ID
        ).Result
    }
);
Reset(DataCardValue3)

When i use my code in a Dutch site, the lookup column doesn't filter/work on the Id, specify: Faculty.Id. 

I saw in the English list the ID is with capital letters and in the Dutch list it is with one Capital letter, Id.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/global-apps I have checked this blog to change the separator's but nothing seems to work. When i change a dot of command, i get a invalid argument of the code. 

Had anyone experience the with a different region / language ?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry, i use the function OnChange in my PowerApps form.

Just to clarify, you're calling the code on the OnChange property of a Dropdown control on your form?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, see here for the explenation: here 

collSchoolsThis is our collection where all related schools for the selected faculty are written in to
SchoolsThis is the name of the column where the data is written in to
FilterThis is the function that filters values from a data set. The format of this function is as follows:
Filter(source,logical_test)
SchoolsThis is the data set that we use in our filter. In this case, it is the Schools list we added as data source
Faculty.ValueThis is the value we are looking for in our data set. In this case, it is the Faculty lookup field in our Schools list
DataCardValue2.Selected.ValueThis is the selected faculty from our PowerApp

Can you confirm that the name of the dropdown where you attached the OnChange code is still called DataCardValue2? It hasn't changed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, is't still the same.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,244)