cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Problem with the Refresh function in Gallery control - Power Apps

Hi all, 

Have anyone have seen this problem with "Refresh" function? I created a view that consumed the information from the table in SQL server. For the browse gallery I used the view to show the information and the table I used it for update a status. 

So far, I have the following status.Scenario4.png

Scenario

1. There are two records with status not approved by default and with no observations – This means that have status with color gray .
  2. There are two records from the same employee and I changed the first record the toggle to “Yes – Approved” and when I saved the record I also refresh the table and view successfully.
  3. The second record I added a “CPE observation” and the toggle I leave it as “No – Not approved” and the status color is change to red.
  4. After saving the second record I refresh the table and also the view and the problem it’s that the first record that was in status “Yes – Approved” with status color green, automatically change it to red. I do not understand why a “Refresh” function could cause this, it’s doesn’t make any sense and for the Patch function I’m passing the unique Id from the record and it seems to do it correctly.

Scenario5.png

Here is some screenshots of each scenario from the first screen and second screen 

Scenario1.png

Second screen - The save button from the second screen where the user updates the status.
Scenario2.png

First screen - Icons status change based on the CPE Observations (ThisItem.CPEComment) and status ThisItem.Status
Scenario3.png

I also tried to use the table as the source for the gallery control but that makes the gallery really slow, so I leave the view as data sources. 

Please let me know if you need more details from my side to understand the problem.

If we need to set a quick meeting to review this real quick, send me an email to: pengwenying1994@gmail.com

Thanks in advanced.
Wen Ying Peng

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @WenYing94 , in the pictures I saw that you use Patch when Toggle is Checked or Unchecked, maybe there will be a conflict when the tables Refresh. If is possible, I recommend Patching everything in the "OnSelect" function of the save icon.

Hope It helps you, if i can help with other issue or share knowledge between us, you can send me private message

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,921)