cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jronash
Level: Powered On

Problems customizing list with PowerApps when subsite is built from a template

I have a subsite set up with several lists that I have customized using PowerApps.  I need to create several copies of this subsite that I will use to store similar data for another project.

I created a template of the subsite, and then created a new subsite using that template.

I go to the list in the new subsite, and click "Customize with PowerApps". 

Now, one of two things happens.  Either

1) It opens the app that is linked to the list from the original subsite (the source for the template), NOT the subsite I am currently working in (that was built from the template).

OR

2) There's some sort of loop where PowerApps keeps switching between a couple of different pages over and over until finally it gives me this error message:

"Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.

AADSTS50196: The server terminated an operation because it encountered a loop while processing a request."

I'm signed in, and everything else is working.  It seems to be an issue with trying to customize a list form that has been built from a template where the list form had already been customized.

If others have experienced this, have they found fixes or work-arounds?  Or can someone confirm this error on their system?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Problems customizing list with PowerApps when subsite is built from a template

Hi @Jronash ,

Even though you have created the SharePoint sites using the same template, the custom PowerApps form in the SharePoint list should not inherit the configuration of the original one.

Would you please open the custom form in PowerApps and see if the data source of the form is the current subsite list that the form is in? If not, try to add the current list as the data source and change all the names of data source in formulas to the new list name and test again.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Jronash

Re: Problems customizing list with PowerApps when subsite is built from a template

Thanks, Mona.

So let's call these Site A (the site where I created the template) and Site B (the site that was built from the template).

When I go to a list in Site B and go to customize the form using power apps, it takes a very long time to load but eventually loads what appears to be the PowerApp for Site A's list.  It's connected to the Site A data and has all my customizations. 

If I remove the connection to Site A's list, and instead connect it to Site B's list, the following things happen.

1) The custom form on Site A no longer works - it just says "Getting your data..."

2) The list on Site B is still default.  No customizations or anything that suggests I've made changes using PowerApps.

So it appears that even though I'm clicking 'Customize with PowerApps' on Site B, it's somehow pulling up the PowerApps for Site A.  All my edits appear on Site A, and there doesn't seem to be any way for me to customize the app on Site B.

Highlighted
Jronash

I never found a solution to this.  What I ended up having to do was delete the Apps in the new site and re-build them from scratch.  Luckily they weren't terribly complex because this kind of app can't be exported/imported.

If you are in the same situation and are looking for a solution, you have my sympathies!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,154)