cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problems downloading sharepoint list item attachments within app

Hi,

I've created a simple custom SharePoint list with basic column types (person lookup, a number of yes/no choice columns, and enabled attachments) and have customized this in PowerApps. Everything works great, I can create, view, edit, and submit new items that are visible both in the application on my phone, tablet, and computer, as well as viewing the items in the SharePoint list.

My issue arises when I try to download and view any attachments from a list item from within the app on my mobile device. From my web browser on the computer I have no problem downloading the photos from the sharepoint list where they are stored, nor do I have an issue downloading the photos from the PowerApps edit studio. I can even download the photos on my phone when I access the app via the URL in Chrome. When trying to download or view a photo within the mobile app though, I get the below error.

Screenshot_20200102-112905.jpg

I've seen previous posts about a bug from earlier versions of PowerApps that was causing this, but those were reported as correct long before my current release of 3.19121.12, as those all seemed to be on releases around 3.18.....

Please help, as most of my users will be accessing this inspection information solely from the application itself used primarily on mobile devices.

Thanks,

Josh

5 REPLIES 5
SeanHenderson
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hi @Anonymous 

Is anyone else having the issue, or is it just on your mobile device?

Did you make a custom form in Power Apps or did you use SharePoint as your data source for a standalone app?

Annotation 2020-01-02 123935.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @SeanHenderson ,

Thanks for the response. Other users are having the same issue where attachments will not download within the app on mobile devices, but are visible via the browser. As for the development of the app I've tried both customizing a SharePoint list with PowerApps as well as starting a blank canvas app and connecting to the data. My issue seems to be consistent between both approaches.

I'm unable to reproduce the issue.

How are the image files being generated? Through the phone's built in camera? Try running the app checker and making sure there aren't any errors. Otherwise, you might need to submit a support ticket.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that you could not download the attachment file from the Attachments control when you run it in PowerApps Mobile App?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:

1.jpg

The version of my PowerApps Mobile App is 3.19114.22, the version of my iOS device is 13.3. Please consider run your app using iOS Mobile device, then check if the issue still exists.

Also please check if the version of your PowerApps Mobile App in your Android device is the latest version, if not, please consider upgrade it to the latest version, then run your app again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also check if you have enabled "Allow Photo Access" option for your PowerApps Mobile App in your device to "Read and Write". 

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

http://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

Thank you for the response. That's correct that I cannot view any attachments within the attachment control of the form in any mode (display, or edit modes). As an example, if I create a new list item using the form, and add a few photos using the attachment control and native camera on the phone, then submit to sharepoint, if I navigate to that item through the mobile app, I can see the attachments but they are unable to download.

I will ask around my organization to see if I can find an iPhone user to test the process and see if the error persists. If so I will submit a ticket per your recommendation. Thanks again for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,647)