cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PA
Level: Powered On

Problems sharing app

Is anyone else having problems sharing their app at the moment? I have just granted user permissions to about 5 colleagues, to add to 5 existing users. When they click on the app they get a generic message saying

We weren’t able to add this connection. Please try again

and

An error occurred during authentication

Since the data is held in SharePoint and this all sits within the organisation there should not be any problems connecting. I have had a word with the infrastructure guys at my organisation and they say they have not changed anything. But does this all sit with Microsoft, so should they not be able to change anything anyway?

I vaguely remember having a similar problem a few months ago when I was testing, which seemed to sort itself out. I wonder if Microsoft just has a back log of apps being shared, and so it takes a few days.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: Problems sharing app

Hi @PA I'm sorry to hear you were experiencing an issue sharing your app. Is this still occuring?

@TopShelf-MSFT

PA
Level: Powered On

Hi. Yes it still is. Apparently it is a problem affected a few other people. I have seen some similar issues on the messages boards and posted there aswell. @EvanChakiMSFT from Microsoft is in contact and is trying to find a solution, but we still don't know what the issue is

Power Apps Staff EvanChakiMSFT
Power Apps Staff

Can you try to get a session id from one of the users that is having the issue and post it in here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/get-sessionid

They can try to open your app in a web browser and click on the gear on the top right.

Power Apps Staff linhtran
Power Apps Staff

@PA please share the session id so we can investigate further. In the meantime, is it possible to grant your users access to the root site in SharePoint? We discussed on our side and doing this might mitigate the issue. Please let us know whether you can grant users access to the root site and if that resolves the issue. Thank you!

litran@MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,111)