cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WaM
Frequent Visitor

Problems with camera

Hi

I'd like to have a form where the use can take a picture, however it seems that powerapps doesn't work well with my phone (Huawei P20 pro).

I tried having an add picture card, it works well on my desktop but on the phone I can take a picture, but it isn't displayed once I validate the picture.

Then I tried with a card with a camera control and an image control, but alas it doesn't work either, I put a clearcollect function in the camear control onselect property, and a First(collection).Url function in the image's Image property. When I tap on the camera control, nothing is displayed on the image control.

Does anyone have a solution for me? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WaM ,

Do you mean that the "Add Picture" control and Camera control could not work within your Android device?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side (iPhoneX, version 12.3.1), and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The PowerApps Mobile App version in my iOS device is 3.19054.17. Please check if the version of PowerApps Mobile App in your Android device is the latest version, if not, please consider upgrade it to the latest version, then try the Camera control or "Add picture" control again, check if the issue is solved.

Note: Also please consider upgrade your Android device to the latest version, check if the issue is solved. Also please try your app within other Mobile device, check if the same issue still exists.

Also please consider uninstall PowerApps Mobile App from your Android device, and then re-install it, re-create a new app, then try the Camera control or "Add picture" control again, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exsits, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WaM ,

Do you mean that the "Add Picture" control and Camera control could not work within your Android device?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side (iPhoneX, version 12.3.1), and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The PowerApps Mobile App version in my iOS device is 3.19054.17. Please check if the version of PowerApps Mobile App in your Android device is the latest version, if not, please consider upgrade it to the latest version, then try the Camera control or "Add picture" control again, check if the issue is solved.

Note: Also please consider upgrade your Android device to the latest version, check if the issue is solved. Also please try your app within other Mobile device, check if the same issue still exists.

Also please consider uninstall PowerApps Mobile App from your Android device, and then re-install it, re-create a new app, then try the Camera control or "Add picture" control again, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exsits, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WaM can you review the above reply and update the thread if it was helpful? 

@Anonymous 

WaM
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I copied a template with another way to take a picture and it worked with my phone. I don't know exactly what was the problem and I don't really have the time to find out what happened, so you can close this thread.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,428)