cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Problems with editing the same database record by different users with a normal gallery

Hello everyone,

I have some issues with the Microsoft PowerApp data with a normal gallery.

We have created an PowerApp and different users work with the app (at this point there are around 7 users). On the first screen there is a gallery where you can search for your database record. After you have chosen a specific record you can edit this record with different forms and save the edited record. This works perfectly fine.

If a second user chooses the same record though (he can choose the record at a different time) he is able to see the changes the first user has made. But if the second user would also like to change the record at the same form, the app creates an error message. The message is called: " ETAG mismatch. clientRequestId: 74405d21-cfd9-4851-8a0a-8e4f43eba335 serviceRequestId: 8a11789e-304b-5000-3022-bda74d0afa7b" and he is not able to make any kind of changes on the same record.

It seems like the specific record is locked because of the fact that another user has changed it already. Funny about that is, that if the second user gets offline and logs in again afterwards, he is able to edit and change the record then. But this is only possible if the second user goes offline and logs himself in as well. If he refreshes the database record he is only able to see the changes but receives the error message as shown above.

Now I am searching for a suitable solution how users can edit this database record after the first user has done some changes.

Thanks for the help!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Problems with editing the same database record by different users with a normal gallery

Hi @MTrotzer,

Thanks for your feedback, the user @karl and @NigelP have faced same issue within you, please check the response within the following threads:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Server-Response-ETAG-mismatch-Conflicts-exist...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Server-Response-ETAG-mismatch-Conflicts-exist...

I have posted this issue to my product team, the Product team is aware of this issue and is investigating it. You could get more details about this issue within PowerApps Support page:1.JPG

If this issue is solved, I would reply here.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,882)