cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattw112IG
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Profile Pictures

In my app I have a list of users.  Some of the users have profile pictures and some don't.  At first I thought maybe they hadn't added yet.

But that is not the case, one user has a profile picture and I see it everywhere in Office 365, Delve, etc.

I even used the SP User Profile manager and uploaded one... but nothing.  Why wouldn't some users profile pictures show up in PowerApps?  Is there a size threshold?  Or shape? or something?

Thanks,

Terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mattw112IG
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

So not sure which thing worked but...

1.) I went into SharePoint User Profile Manager, searched on the user and added a photo.  But.. I tried and refreshed a bunch and didn't see it.  That was an hour ago.

2.) I came back and I didn't check again... doh.  This time I went to the Exchange Admin center and went to the users properties.  I could see a photo already.  BUT... I went ahead and uploaded the version I had again.  Then launch powerapp and refreshed and it worked!

But was it the exchange thing or sharepoint and maybe I didn't give sharepoint long enough to sync?? who knows.  But.. hopefully this helps someone else too try uploading through the exchange admin center (the most probably) even if it already shows a picture.  If that doesn't work try doing through sharepoint admin center and give it time to populate.

Thanks,

Terry

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mattw112IG
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

So not sure which thing worked but...

1.) I went into SharePoint User Profile Manager, searched on the user and added a photo.  But.. I tried and refreshed a bunch and didn't see it.  That was an hour ago.

2.) I came back and I didn't check again... doh.  This time I went to the Exchange Admin center and went to the users properties.  I could see a photo already.  BUT... I went ahead and uploaded the version I had again.  Then launch powerapp and refreshed and it worked!

But was it the exchange thing or sharepoint and maybe I didn't give sharepoint long enough to sync?? who knows.  But.. hopefully this helps someone else too try uploading through the exchange admin center (the most probably) even if it already shows a picture.  If that doesn't work try doing through sharepoint admin center and give it time to populate.

Thanks,

Terry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,180)