cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dakridge
Advocate II
Advocate II

Programming Assistant

I'm sorry I have to post this, but I can't find any information on the web.  While creating a new app and writing code, the program assist in showing errors and delegations by red and blue lines.  I just do not know what this is called officially, but I know it is invaluable in writing apps.  

The problem I'm having is the app shows that I have errors in the code but are not highlighted in red.   If I close the app and Power Apps and re-enter it shows the error.  Once I make a change it appears that the error is fixed because it goes away, but then I find it is just now showing again.  Aggravating to say the least.  I have been steady programming in Power Apps for 3 years.   This is the first time I've had this issue.  I've tried all update, and different browsers.  No Luck

Are there limitations to this tool in Power Apps.  Like maybe after a certain amount of code is on the screen it stops working?  Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me?  Any help would be appreciated.  

David

David K Akridge
Chief Information Officer, Mobile County Public Schools
4 REPLIES 4
dakridge
Advocate II
Advocate II

So with no replies to this post, I did some testing and it appears that you can have a significant amount of code on an object (say onselect) and the error checking in Power Apps will no longer work.

Copied and pasted a section of code that I though had an error onto a new screen and the error showed up.  I was able to correct and paste the code back to the original object.  

There must be a memory issue with this function of the program.  Can't believe I am the only one to ever notice this issue.  Just though I would drop a note here in case anyone else is ever searching for this. 

David

David K Akridge

Hi @dakridge ,

I am not sure what you mean exactly by a significant amount of code, but I have struck this before on large complex (over 50 lines or so) functions. Bear in mind that you have to be on-line for the function to work, so internet bandwidth and O365 connectivity at the time may affect it.

One thing that continues to work however is the Format Text function - so I intentionally do not indent the new code properly and if Format Text then tidies it up, it is valid (and the opposite is also true). I find however if you wait 15 seconds or so, the red and blue lines generally end up appearing.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @dakridge ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Online and bandwidth are not an issue.  I believe I have tried both formatting and not, but I will pay more attention when I encounter this again.   50 to 100 lines seems to be where it starts.   Thanks for the reply, but from the lack of responses it appears not many are having this issue or just don't use the feature.  Leave it to me. 

David K Akridge

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,679)