cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpana Resolver I
Resolver I

Promoting CDS flow from staging to prod

I have a flow (several, actually) that I develop in a staging environment and then promote to a production environment. I'm using the CDS connector in several places with the following parameters:

environment: (Current)

entity name: {my custom entity}

scope: organization

I chose to use the CDS connector instead of the Dynamics 365 connector because the "(Current)" environment value only exists in CDS - in D365, I had to choose my staging environment in staging, and change every instance of the connector to the prod environment when I promoted. 

Now that I'm using the CDS connector, when I promote flows from staging to prod, I noticed still have to go into the flow and "refresh" the connection for every single instance of it. How can I prevent having to do this? I'm not sure if the flow will still run correctly if I don't refresh the connection - since it's in production, I try to get it up and running as quickly as possible without testing side effects.

The warning that I get after promoting a flow to production:

connection issue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpana Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Promoting CDS flow from staging to prod

I discovered I was using the "Common Data Service" connector with the environment variable set to "(current environment)", but I should have been using the "Common Data Service (current environment)" connector, which has no environment variable.

That's... incredibly confusing. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dpana ,

Could you please post in Flow community?

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Power-Automate/ct-p/FlowCommunity

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dpana Resolver I
Resolver I

I discovered I was using the "Common Data Service" connector with the environment variable set to "(current environment)", but I should have been using the "Common Data Service (current environment)" connector, which has no environment variable.

That's... incredibly confusing. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,807)