cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Published App Not Working "This App Stopped Working. Try Refreshing Your Browser"

Hi, 

 

I have made my first app, when I preview it from the edit screen it all works fine.  When I publish it I get the error "This App Stopped Working.  Try Refreshing Your Browser".

 

There's no real information as to what went wrong.  My app connects to an excel sheet that is stored in One Drive.

 

Can anyone point me in some direction as to where I can find out what's wrong?

 

Thanks...

 

John

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted

hi everyone,

 

I had the same issue, but after creating new app step by step i've noticed, that app not working (after publishing and exiting from app manger) because of EDIT FORM. My app uses excel data wchich is in onedrive. So when i completely deleting editSCREEN which include  EDIT FORM, everything is fine.

But i still need edit form...searching for problems. Thinking about some problems with excel..maybe..Excel is 2016 version..

 

Any suggestions???

Highlighted

I’ve edit form too but connects to SharePoint list. So I think the issue can be edit form and not the source. What a poor tool from Microsoft and why would they want to claim its a replacement for InfoPath. PowerApps is very slow and have numerous limitations. Definetly not a worth product to consider for development. Stick on to InfoPath!

Highlighted

Hi all,

 

I‘ve found a problem – it was excel. Column name was incorrect named - Eil. Nr., i changed name to - Eil_Nr and now everything works perfect!

 

 

 

Highlighted
New Member

I have this issue as well. I've narrowed mine down a bit. Perhaps this will add to the body of knowledge. 

 

  • Created a custom SharePoint Online List. 
  • The default "New Item" form works fine. 
  • Customized the default New Item form using PowerApps. 
  • Works with IE and Edge, but not Chrome. GRRR. I receive the "This App Stopped Working....". All it reports is a session ID. 
  • In Chrome, I logged into Office 365 with my account (owner) so the Chrome session to eliminate authtentication being an  issue. Still fails. 

         Note: to access the form, I am opening the form in SharePoint, and copying the link provided. 

 

  • Per one person's fix, I checked and verified all my SharePoint fields do not have any spaces in the field name. 

 

As a test, I created an app in the PowerApps app, and that works with Chrome. 

As a second test, I created a PowerApp from the SharePoint list (not customizing the default form), and that works with Chrome. 

 

Soooo, I could certainly build a PowerApps from scratch, but I was so thrilled that customizing the SharePoint List form was so easy, and most of the formatting was done for me. 

 

Hope this helps, and looking forward to a solution to this because I have a lot of SP forms to build. 

Cheers, Mark

Highlighted

I am having a very similar issue as well.  I have a form that works in Chrome, FireFox, Edge, and ready for this.....most people's IE.

 

I am only getting this error on ~20% of computers.  And it of course is a mix of Win 7 and 8.1, so there is no commonality.

 

Session ID: 27382af8-475d-b706-09fab9f892a4

Highlighted

Hi,

I'm not being able to locate this session. When did you got it, so I can narrow down the search for that particular date?

Highlighted

Or, if it's easier, can you get me a new session id?

Highlighted

Session ID: f12f6da8-e454-4c27-9d82-5fa920d2adac

 

Just happed today 3/20/18 @ 0911AM CST

Highlighted

Hi
I'm getting the same problem but it is only affecting one user.

There have been no changes to the App for over a week and it was working okay for him up until this morning.

The user cleared out his browser cache last night and this morning the App tries to load for him in Firefox but fails (the app works for everyone else (various browsers)).

 

The user can access the App within Teams and with other browsers but cannot access the App within Firefox (browser of choice and was working okay before).

 

Reading around it seems that it may have something to do with the user session. In an attempt to clear this I removed the user from the 'shared with list' got the user to flush his browser cache and reattempt to access the app - confirming refusal (no access).

 

After adding him back in to the shared with list he still gets the not working message in Firefox - access via Teams and other browsers is okay.

 

If it helps: Session ID: f92d1149-5742-4690-9064-72c71e16707f

 

Any suggestions on how to fx this - he doesn't want to have a separate browser open just to run the App.

 

Cheers

 

 

Highlighted
New Member

Based on fun experiences, this error is often related to the user using a Chrome web browser where a "block third party cookies" setting is set to Yes...

 

Solve this now by jumping through the error icon on the top right in the Chrome browser >> Show cookies and other site data >> View blocked >> and click Allow next to the Azure item.

 

This resolution works especially when logging the user into another channel (like the PowerApps mobile app or PA editor) works fine. 

 

Please LIKE this if it solves your issue (please login to the community if you need to first), I need the encouragement to post more 🙂

 

Enjoy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,914)