cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Flockters
New Member

Published app working correctly for some users but not all!

Hi,

I have published an app to around 1200 users in my organisation.

Some users can use the app as I had intended however for some, they are unable to see their personal details on the ‘Home’ page of the app, therefore can’t use it.

I have used Set(varUser, User()) in App section in OnStart.

The app opens in the browsescreen1, where the BrosweGallery should pull details from the SP list, in Items I have: Filter([@'OE Asset Register - Staff Data'], GovEmail = Lower(varUser.Email) || GovEmail2 = Lower(varUser.Email)).

In the gallery area the Name & PID (employee ID number) should show, along with an arrow to allow the user to navigate to the details screen. Name = ThisItem.PreferredName, Subtitle1 = ThisItem.PID, and Body1 = "Edited on: " & ThisItem.'Last Edited' & " by " & ThisItem.'Edited By' – as I want to show when & who edited the record. Where the no details show up, the arrow is also not present.

Below the Gallery there is some standard text but have written the following code into one of the labels - "Hi," & " "& varUser.FullName & " - " & "Welcome to the OE Asset Register!"

Where the gallery info is not appearing, users are seeing their Name appear here. I have added a label to check what email address is being looked up - varUser.Email, and another to check what is being looked up - LookUp('OE Asset Register - Staff Data',GovEmail = varUser.Email,PID).

Users have permissions to the area where the SP list is held, and permissions have been granted through the App via adding the Distribution List. I was aware this could be an issue; however, I would expect if this was a problem it would affect all users, not some. I have added individual permission to a couple of users having problems as a test but has not made a difference.

I have ensured all users have an email address entered, and for the people highlighting issues, I have removed then re-entered to ensure correct formatting etc.

I would really appreciate any advice you can give on how I can resolve this issue, as it is really frustrating and not obvious why it is working for some and not others!

I have an attachment to show how it should look, but can't get it to appear!

Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi @Flockters 

 

User().Email gets the userPrincipalName of the account, so if your Primary Email Address (exchange) is what you've been storing and comparing against then it will not match. I would hazard a guess that those users have a different Email address to their UPN.

 

User().Email gets UPN

Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail gets Primary Email address

 

So yes it is case-sensitive (formatting), but also you may need to use UPN as your compared value rather than email or else use the Office365Users connector to get their actual email address to compare to.

 

Let me know if this helps you,

 

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat


Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!


Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP


Hi Sancho,
Thanks for the quick response!

I have inserted a label onto the front page to show the code Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail and will ask one of the affected users to access the app, and send on a screenshot of what it shows them.

I will let you know how it goes!

Thanks again for the advice

Hi Sancho,

From my intial check of the user's screenshot, it looks like both email addresses match (User().email & Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail) each other!
The screenshot was unclear so I have asked for another to be certain.

Do you have any ideas/advice?

Ok, yes last bit of advice I can think of is case-sensitivity

 

Create a label for your reference email (GovEmail)

Create a label for your User().email

Create a label for your Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail

 

Then create labels to compare each to GovEmail, this should help flag any issues with it not detecting

 

Additionally, when I compare email addresses, I always try use Lower(EmailAddress) and Lower(comparedvalue)

That way they are both comparing lowercase values.

 

Give that a try and let me know, we will have to rethink about how we can get around this if those don't show any issues

 

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat


Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!


Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP


Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,410)