cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Pull Filtered choices from a seperate list?

So here's the issue:

I have a form in a powerapp and two of the datacards have radials in them.  The first one is the Wood Type radial.  Its choices/formula is:

Table({Type:"Cant"},{Type:"Board"},{Type:"Stringer"},{Type:"Block"},{Type:"Cb"},{Type:"Eb"},{Type:"Tb"},{Type:"Remnant"})

The second is the location radial.  It's pulling from a SharePoint list; column being single line of text. Its choices/formula is: 

Sort(Distinct(REM_Wood_Data,Location),Result,Ascending)

Here's a photo of the app:

location.PNG

Here's a photo of the list (you'll need it for my question): 

Capture.PNG

In this list the location is a single line of text and wood_type is a choices column.  My boss wants to be able to reference the wood column in the app to the wood column in this list instead of the current table it's using. 

Essentially if someone picks "Cant" in the wood type radial (referencing this SharePoint list), then the only choices they'd see from the location radial is (referencing this SP list) is Incoming Cants.  If we change "cant" in the SharePoint list to "board" then when someone chooses "board" in the app all they would see is "incoming cants" for the location radial. 

It's hard to put my question, but it would be a dynamically filtered column with the filtering coming from the SharePoint list in a sense.

If anymore information is needed please let me know and thank you for your help!

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

You need to change your Items:

Try this: You may have to play around with it as the 'Wood Type' = Label.Text, might need to be changed to Label.Text in 'Wood Type'.

Filter(Sort(Distinct(REM_Wood_Data, Location), Location, Ascending), 'Wood Type' = Label.Text)

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (23,528)