cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
golfnutt82
Super User
Super User

Pulling a list using a lookup and updating a second list with the lookup value.

Really struggling with this and hoping for some help.

I have a list called "Roles"
In that list I have many fields but for the purpose of my question I will give two, they are "Role Name" (text) and "Role Owner" (person/group)

On my New Form I have a lookup field that pulls in the Role Name using a lookup to the "Roles" List as shown below and I also have a text field that holds the "Role Owner" text value from the "Roles" list.
Everything looks good on the surface but when I submit the record the value in the "Role Owner" field is not getting passed to my secondary list (Role Owner Out of Office), the field remains empty. 
I attempted to use the original Person Group field and update it with a lookup to the "Roles" list based on the currently used lookup "Role Name". However, I am not successful.

golfnutt82_0-1650649811808.png

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

HI @golfnutt82 ,

Can you please share the Default and Update properties of the 'Role Owner' datacard?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

HI @golfnutt82 ,

Can you please share the Default and Update properties of the 'Role Owner' datacard?

Hi BCBuizer,
I just figured it out.
My reference to the lookup was incorrect.
My reference used in the Default was incorrect.

Thanks for getting back to me.
Power Apps Forms and how to reference data from other data sources is a bit annoying. But hey this has been a great learning process.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,759)