cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fatima
Frequent Visitor

Pulling from a table

Hi Guys,

I need help with pulling image data from a SharePoint List and displaying it Powerapps. 

The datatype of the column in Sharepoint is picture.

The control in Powerapps is image and the "image" Value for the control is set to the column name in the SharePoint List.

Is there a certain function that i should use for the image to display? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fatima,

Could you please share more details about the Image control you used here, is it used within a form control?

Please take a try to auto-generate an App from this SharePoint list, then check the detail screen to see if the image could be displayed.

Please note that, Picture type under SharePoint list is read-only, for other known issues, check:

Connect from Microsoft PowerApps to SharePoint

If here you are working with the image control directly, then please take a try with Lookup function, narrow the condition down to a single record, then add .imagefield at the end.

Example:

Lookup(SharePointList, condition).imagefield

This should display the proper image with the Image control.

Function reference:

Filter, Search, and Lookup functions in PowerApps

Image control in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-micsh-msft,

HI Michael,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I actually followed all the leads you provided with no sucess.

I tried to create an auto-generate application but the image control still didnot display the image found in the image column of the SharePoint List.

I also tried the the lookup function but its not displaying the image.

I wonder if the problem is in the way the image column is set up in the SharePoint list. I am attaching some screen shots for your reference.

Image1.jpgImage2.jpgImage3.jpg

This seems to be weird because it should be straightforward. Please let me if you can help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,939)