Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mperez84
Helper I
Helper I

Pulling in more data to a collection?

Hello,

Not sure if this is possible, but hoping someone could guide me in the direction I should go with this. So here we go!

So I’m using gallery tied to a sharepoint list ( that Shouldn’t be modified) that on select pulls a single column of data into collection1. along with that I also have a text input field that on change collects input back to collection1 creating a separate column. Is it possible to duplicate the text field so every time a user selects gallery item it keeps that input title the same? Or is there a way to take the users multiple selections from the collection an wrap them on a submit into one list item?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@mperez84 

Could you please provide a little bit more information

• What does the collection look like initially.  Please show an example.
  • What should the collection look like when the action is done.  Please show an example.
  • A screenshot of your app would be helpful to visualize the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@mperez84 

Could you please provide a little bit more information

• What does the collection look like initially.  Please show an example.
  • What should the collection look like when the action is done.  Please show an example.
  • A screenshot of your app would be helpful to visualize the problem.

@mdevaney 

Here's  i've got so far. I'm not to sure if I'm going about this in the right direction. 

May end result is when a user starts a new form, they enter in a title then select  one or multiple gallery items as they select the gallery items  they would be able to review there selection  in the  combobox. When they select submit , the data would be written back a separate sharepoint list. 

Thanks this worked after refreshing the datasource. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,392)