Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mperez84
Helper I
Helper I

Pulling in more data to a collection?

Hello,

Not sure if this is possible, but hoping someone could guide me in the direction I should go with this. So here we go!

So I’m using gallery tied to a sharepoint list ( that Shouldn’t be modified) that on select pulls a single column of data into collection1. along with that I also have a text input field that on change collects input back to collection1 creating a separate column. Is it possible to duplicate the text field so every time a user selects gallery item it keeps that input title the same? Or is there a way to take the users multiple selections from the collection an wrap them on a submit into one list item?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@mperez84 

Could you please provide a little bit more information

• What does the collection look like initially.  Please show an example.
  • What should the collection look like when the action is done.  Please show an example.
  • A screenshot of your app would be helpful to visualize the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@mperez84 

Could you please provide a little bit more information

• What does the collection look like initially.  Please show an example.
  • What should the collection look like when the action is done.  Please show an example.
  • A screenshot of your app would be helpful to visualize the problem.

@mdevaney 

Here's  i've got so far. I'm not to sure if I'm going about this in the right direction. 

May end result is when a user starts a new form, they enter in a title then select  one or multiple gallery items as they select the gallery items  they would be able to review there selection  in the  combobox. When they select submit , the data would be written back a separate sharepoint list. 

Thanks this worked after refreshing the datasource. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,416)