cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeeDor
Level: Powered On

Pulling information from a SharePoint list

I have a sharepoint list that I have then created a powerapp from. Based on the choices in the list flow then creates a number and inserts it into a text field on the list. I cannot get that field to show with the number in it in my powerapp. 

Eg: enter details into powerapp and underneath I would like the Number to then show once flow has created it. I have refreshed the data, etc with no luck. 

If I add the list in as a gallery and the data cards in a Form viewer there is only 1 card which shows the number. 

Any ideas ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Pulling information from a SharePoint list

@DeeDor 

As your flow is triggered after the item is created, so an immediate refresh won't work is what i am guessing. 

As a workaround, you can set up a timer that refreshes the data source after a delay of approximate time taken to execute the flow. 

Makes sense? 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DeeDor

UPDATE: 

If I refesh the data source it shows the number in the gallery view but idaelly I want the number to show on the input page and not have to redirect to a gallery. 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @DeeDor 

Can you share screenshot of the flow that you mentioned in the post. I wanted to confirm what is triggering it, also are you returning some response to powerapps once the flow execution is completed.

Is the flow patching/ updating data to your SP list? If you provide few more details about the steps workflow, we will be able to help you better.

Thanks, 
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DeeDor ,

To make all fields from SharePoint list to show in the Form control, you first select the Form control > Edit fields >+Add field, then check the fields that you want to add > Add. 

Capture.JPG

Did you start a flow within this app? What is the flow's configuration?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DeeDor

Hi @yashag2255 

The flow runs when an item is created in the list. It then updates the item based on the information entered. 

What I would like to do is when the detail is entered then the number created is displayed either on the same screen or even the next screen. 

Thanks 🙂

1.JPG

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@DeeDor 

As your flow is triggered after the item is created, so an immediate refresh won't work is what i am guessing. 

As a workaround, you can set up a timer that refreshes the data source after a delay of approximate time taken to execute the flow. 

Makes sense? 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

DeeDor

@yashag2255 

Thanks.. I did think I might have to use a timer for it. 

Got it working now 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,359)