cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trickity
Regular Visitor

Pulling records from a database for multiple users

Hello,

I apologize in advance if I am completely off base here. Is there a way we can use Power Apps to build an application so that multiple people can look up their own information like training record showing expiration dates? This data can come from another source such as Excel file that is shared online, connecting to the app.

This is what I have in mind;

The database would hold a record for 10 employees. Each employees would have few certifications with expiration dates. At anytime, we can use an app, search for a particular employee and the app would pull up all certifications for this particular employee showing expirations date. Eventually, I would like to have a QR code or barcode for each individual employee. At this time, I just like to know if it is possible to built an app connecting to certain database first.

Any idea or help would greatly appreciated!

Nick

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Trickity
Regular Visitor

This is wonderful Bryan. Thank you!

I've been using Lists for inventory as well as check in and check out function (using QR code) for numbers of our IT devices. I will go down this path and report back. Thanks again!

Nick

View solution in original post

BCLS776
Super User
Super User

If we've got your current question answered, please "Accept As Solution" to close off this thread. Thanks!

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

3 REPLIES 3
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Yes, this all sounds possible with Power Apps. My one suggestion is to steer away from an Excel table as a data source, and instead use a Sharepoint List or a database. Excel tables can be troublesome when working with dates, and it sounds like you will be doing that.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Trickity
Regular Visitor

This is wonderful Bryan. Thank you!

I've been using Lists for inventory as well as check in and check out function (using QR code) for numbers of our IT devices. I will go down this path and report back. Thanks again!

Nick

BCLS776
Super User
Super User

If we've got your current question answered, please "Accept As Solution" to close off this thread. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,121)