cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuster
Frequent Visitor

Push Notifications does not work on google pixel phones an some other phones

We use push notifications in our apps, and some phone receives them and other phones won't.

Especially on google pixel phones but also on some Samsung and Xiaomi phones (android 12 and 13).

We use the same steps as on the working phones.

We tried:

-Disabling all battery saving features

-Remove all other Microsoft accounts

-Reinstalling devices and setting it up only for power apps app en the specific Microsoft account of our firm.

We use this a lot and the low reliability is troubling us, I checked all forums and information I could find and found no equal problem.

What can we do, or is this a bug?

3 REPLIES 3
StretchFredrik
Super User
Super User

We have had similar issues with some phones, but then out of nowhere it starts working on some days, i have no solution im afraid. One thing ive noticed is that when the phones screen is on, it works more often than it does when the screen is off. 

Jasondefaoite
Advocate I
Advocate I

How are you triggering the notification? Directly within the powerapp or via powerautomate?

One thing i noticed, if you trigger the notification from within PowerApps on your mobile device, and you also send the notification to yourself, you won't receive it if PowerApps is the active application. This was an issue for me as I wanted the user to be able to self test the push notifications to ensure their phones were set to receive them correctly. So I had a way for them to trigger the notification to just themselves. Switching the app to call a flow, which in turn issues the push notification resolved that issue for me.

Note, some geographies also won't receive push notifications due to content filtering (China for example). Microsoft doesn't support push notifications in China. Interestingly they work fine for me when the client is on iOS, but doesn't work for Android.

If you still have issues, maybe forgo Push notifications and use the Twilio connector to send SMS to the mobile devices. It's far more reliable. You won't have integration with PowerApps though.

The trigger is triggered directly from prowerapps, our geographies is global (Europe).

I trigger it from desktopApp.

Tested it with power automate, also no push notification on the phone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,262)