cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Push Notifications - power apps and flow

Hi,

I am sending push notifications to power apps using flow and passing sharepoint list item ID as a parameter. When power app is opened i am using Filter condition to display the list item matching the ID parameter.

Issue i am facing are:

1)  when power apps application is opened up in IOS device,Push notifications (alerts) on mobile does not show up and there is no way to see notifications received unlike other apps in mobile, after you click on the notification.

2) If i close the power apps completely on IOS device and if i receive a  new notification alert and i click on it ,then the corresponding power app opens up landing screen with the sharepoint list item filtered. During this time if i get another notification  and i try to click on it, landing screen of the application doesnot get refreshed. Is there a way to reload the screen every time i get a push notification?

requirement- we are passing sharepoint list item  as a parameter in push notifictaions. For every list item that gets approved,push notifications are sent out to the user who created the item.

Thanks,
Sru

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Sru,

Thanks for reporting this.

I will take some tests from my side, and will get back to you once finished.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey Sru, Can you tell me how did you use the filter option to open a particular item using the parameter you sent in push notification. It will be really helpful.

hey, yo,can put a timer event on the home screen. when the timer expires  lookup the id on the list and pass it to the edit screen as a variable named  xyz

in the edit screen, change the item property of the form to coalesce(xyz,browsergallety.selected)

that way it will pickup the item passed in via a param, or the item specified in the gallery.

ill post code when i am back at my computer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,999)