cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Push Notifications

Hi, we're using Power Automate to send push notifications to our users when some new content is available in one of our PowerApps. We're setting this via parameters that the PowerApp grabs on the OnStart event of the main application which then navigates to the appropriate screen. This works fine if the app is closed but if it's already open it does nothing. I understand why because the OnStart event isn't triggered. Any ideas on how to handle this? We'd obviously like it to navigate to the correct screen whether the app is open or closed.

Thanks

Borgy_0-1597027329014.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Push Notifications

Hi @UdayAdhikari ,

There is a mechanism by design that the parameter can only be passed when the App is being open, it has nothing to do with OnStart event.

Hence, if the app is open or suspended when you tap the notification, the parameters won't be passed into app.

If you want to enhance this function, please vote for this idea and submit your feedback.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Borgy - in that case, I would have created a separate Power Automate flow to monitor for new content (looks like you are using SharePoint so the trigger would be when a new item is created) and add push notification action. If you have some logic that you have in App OnStart then you can mirror the same in flow. I am guessing you have more to this 🙂 if so please add details and happy to help how I can.

Thanks

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @UdayAdhikari ,

There is a mechanism by design that the parameter can only be passed when the App is being open, it has nothing to do with OnStart event.

Hence, if the app is open or suspended when you tap the notification, the parameters won't be passed into app.

If you want to enhance this function, please vote for this idea and submit your feedback.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,210)