cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maximvanneste
Frequent Visitor

Push attachments from powerapps to SharepointList with code

I'm making a little app that uploads stuff and I'm trying it to push the attachments to the sharepointlist when a button is pushed (along with some other information).

Knipsel.PNG

'Ziektebriefjes' --> Datasource (SharepointList)
For now the title, date & time entries work fine, but the attachments are empty in the list (not in powerapps).

Can anyone help me out?

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maximvanneste,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to add a new record with a attachment into your SP list?

Further, do you want to upload attachments into SP list item using code?

If you want to upload attachments into SP list item using code directly, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

I agree with @RusselThomas's thought almost. Currently, if you want to upload attachments to SP list item, I think the Attachments control could achieve your needs, but the upload functionality of this control only works within a form (Please check here). 

More details about the Attachments control, please check the following article:

Attachments control

In addition, you could also take a try to create a flow (which triggers from an app) to upload an attachment to SP list item. More details about triggering a flow from an app, please check the following article:

Start a flow from an app

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://www.techmikael.com/2017/05/an-even-more-clever-workaround-for.html#comment-form

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RusselThomas
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi maximvanneste,

There may be some constraints that are hindering your attempts.

From what I recall of the initial release, this only works inside a form, amongst other things.

An alternative might be to use Flow triggered from PowerApps to upload the attachment for you?

Kind regards,

RT

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maximvanneste,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to add a new record with a attachment into your SP list?

Further, do you want to upload attachments into SP list item using code?

If you want to upload attachments into SP list item using code directly, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

I agree with @RusselThomas's thought almost. Currently, if you want to upload attachments to SP list item, I think the Attachments control could achieve your needs, but the upload functionality of this control only works within a form (Please check here). 

More details about the Attachments control, please check the following article:

Attachments control

In addition, you could also take a try to create a flow (which triggers from an app) to upload an attachment to SP list item. More details about triggering a flow from an app, please check the following article:

Start a flow from an app

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://www.techmikael.com/2017/05/an-even-more-clever-workaround-for.html#comment-form

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi,

Could you please provide us a solution for uploading attachments to SP List using Patch() in Powerapps.We are using custom form with canvas.

Regards,

Sandhya 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (975)