Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EthanWang
Helper I
Helper I

Push notification to multiple users

Hi All,

I am using push notification in PA (not flow) while button OnSelected to send to all my users, it works fine when there are few receivers, maybe less than 5 or 6, but when i add more users to 15, it shows error like this--

螢幕擷取畫面 2020-09-25 131715.png

Is there any limitation to use push notification or how do i fix it?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
VijayTailor
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

I m sure about such kind of limits but for reference. you can use the below URL.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-notifications

Or Can you plz mention the code that you are using. 

So other users also understand the issue. and suggest if any change is required.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Please vote for my idea if you feel, that will help you in the future or good to have in power app.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Ability-s-to-Select-Icon-from-UIFabric/idi-p/69...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Preview-Mode-for-All-the-Device-Like-Phone-Tabl...

Thanks Tailor, here is my code --

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification(
{

recipients:ForAll(Staff,Email),
});

I also tried input each emails to the list by format list ["email1@mail.com","email2@mail.com",...,"email15@mail.com"], but it still showed error.

@EthanWang 

The error that you sent mentions a limitation of 15 (Max allowed:15) against 28 emails addresses entered.

Then it would make sense and the solution would be to send your requests by group of 15 addresses.

Does this error also happen when you enter less than 15 Emails addresses?

@JulienOlivier 

I only put 14 emails to the receiver, no idea why the error -- 'OR' operators: 28.

Is it possible to fix the max allowed number?

We have exactly the same error on our system.

We are also using SendPushNotification and recipients contains 12 valid emails but we get error of 

"The request failed with error: '{\"odata.error\":{\"code\":\"Request_UnsupportedQuery\",\"message\":{\"lang\":\"en\",\"value\":\"Too many child clauses specified in search filter expression containing 'OR' operators: 24. Max allowed: 15.\"}

If I reduce the data so it only shows 7 email addresses (no matter which addresses) it works fine.
I could understand if the "operators" is calculated on the email address as it is always double the number of addresses (but do not know why it is doing this)

How can we change the Max Allowed figure of 15 ?

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,575)