Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

[Push notifications] Wrong app name

Hi,

Several of my users experience a bug with push notifications in PowerApps. I've shared two applications (ex: App A and App B) with them that use the push notifications connectors. 

The issue is the following: on their smartphone, when they receive the push notification coming from App A, the app name written in the pop up notification is App B.

How can I solve this issue? 

Best regards;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: [Push notifications] Wrong app name

Hi @alexlrca ,

Do you want to send a PowerApps Notification from one canvas app to another one?

If you want to send a PowerApps Notification to AppA (target app) from AppB, you need to create a connection to PowerApps Notification connector based on the App Id of AppA within your AppB.

The App name within the Pop-Up Notification is based on the AppId you used to created a connection to the PowerApps Notification connector. If you want the name of your AppA to be displayed within the Pop-Up message, you should create a connection to the PowerApps Notification connector based on the App Id of your AppA.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-notifications#send-a-notification-f...

On your side, please check if you have created a connection to PowerApps Notification connector using App Id of your AppA rather than AppB. Then also please make sure you have added proper PowerApps Notification connection into your app where you fire/trigger the notification.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alexlrca ,

Do you want to send a PowerApps Notification from one canvas app to another one?

If you want to send a PowerApps Notification to AppA (target app) from AppB, you need to create a connection to PowerApps Notification connector based on the App Id of AppA within your AppB.

The App name within the Pop-Up Notification is based on the AppId you used to created a connection to the PowerApps Notification connector. If you want the name of your AppA to be displayed within the Pop-Up message, you should create a connection to the PowerApps Notification connector based on the App Id of your AppA.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-notifications#send-a-notification-f...

On your side, please check if you have created a connection to PowerApps Notification connector using App Id of your AppA rather than AppB. Then also please make sure you have added proper PowerApps Notification connection into your app where you fire/trigger the notification.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

In fact, the connection was not set correctly. 

Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,745)