cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AveDog08
Level: Powered On

Push notifications for users without email

We have app users who have UPNs in out network but no working email accounts. I tried using their UPN and their objectID, but the users do not receive push notifications. Is email required to use the Push Notification feature?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Push notifications for users without email

I seem to recall push notifications are a premium feature - you may want to check that the user you are attempting to notify has a P1 or P2 license.

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @AveDog08 ,

Can you share your formulas?

I have made a test on my side with UPN and ObjectID, both of them can receive the push notifications.

Please refer to the following formulas: 

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification({recipients:["067e5175-****-****-9c62-e1f3f6321e7b"],message:"You get a new message",openApp:true})
PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification({recipients:[First(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:"Sik@****.com",top:"1"})).UserPrincipalName],message:"You also get a new message",openApp:true})

Please note that recipients should be a table.

1017_1 (3).jpg

Can you check if there is any mistake with your formulas?  If this doesn't help, please post back.

For more information with push notifications, please refer to this blog: Add push notifications to your app and boost user engagement

Best regards,

Sik

AveDog08

@v-siky-msft 
Sorry, Ishould have mentioned I'm using ]flow to send the notification, not the powerapp itself. The flow initiates on the creation of a Sharepoint item. It says a valid email address is required. I tried putting them in a distribution group. I receive a notification(as I have email), the test account doesn't receive a notification.

AveDog08

@v-siky-msft 
Same result from PowerApps. When I sent the notification to the distribution group, I get a message. The test account does not.

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification({recipients:["itdynamictesting@sundt.com"],message:"You get a new message",openApp:true})

I get no runtime errors and no syntax errors

AveDog08

@PaulD1 Premium is required to create pushnotifications, I'm the only one in my organization with premium. All other PowerApps users with email accounts are receiving push notifications. By deligating the notification to a connection using my account, permissions are not an issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,814)