cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TennisFreak
Level: Powered On

PushNotification for app to every user

I'm not finding anything on this.

I have a News Feed App that is based on a SharePoint list and I want a notification to go out to every single user every time a new item is added to the SharePoint list.

Now whether its another PowerApp or a Flow I see no option for the PushNotification to not specify "recipients".  

With a company of over 2000 people, and constantly changing, we cannot be constantly updating the "recipients" parameter on the push notification.  

So how do we get a push notification to go out for a powerapp that is for anyone who downloaded it?  Without specifying a "recipient" list.

This seems like a basic day 1 type of functionality.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PushNotification for app to every user

Hi TennisFreak,

I assume that you have seen this doc about PowerApps Push notifications. I am afraid that currently we are not able to send push notifications without specifying “recipients” via PowerApps.

Please consider to submit a request at PowerApps Ideas Forum about this issue.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

If all the users have downloaded Microsoft Flow app, you could consider to use Microsoft Flow to send push notification. According to your scenario, you want to send a push notification whenever a new item is created in SharePoint list. Please try to create a flow “SharePoint – When a new item is created>Send Push notification” to see if this will meet your needs.

4.PNG

Besides, you also need to share the flow with all of the users so that the flow would work as expected.
https://ms.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/team-flows/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TennisFreak

I need to send a push notification out to all powerapp users, NOT FLOW USERS.

I dont want 2000+ users downloading the Flow app, not to mention I have Windows Phone users and the Flow app isnt available on that platform.

On the recipients list field why can we not use a distribution group?????

The most basic necessities and irritating restrictions make Microsofts services unusable.

You want businesses and corporations to use this stuff but dont provide the capabilties for the apps to be used in those environments.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi TennisFreak,

Please consider to submit an idea at PowerApps Ideas Forum, I have reported your requirement on my side.

I will suggest other customers who have the same request to vote your idea. PGs will check the ideas forum and take hot ideas into consideration first in the future releases.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bigteethcc

if i share this flow to others, will they receive the push notification?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,510)