cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ohholyjoely
Frequent Visitor

Pushing Credentials via Apps

We have about 600 Android tablets in use, managed by Knox. We're working on deploying our new SharePoint site, and have pushed the SharePoint app to our tablets. The site has a few custom Power Apps on it, and I could not figure out why our test users could not open them. I was using the Power App web part, and we would just get an error stating to Sign In.

Tried embedding the power app directly and it would then take us to a sign in page. Why is it not auto-signing into the Power App using the signed in credentials of the person using the SharePoint app? I have the Microsoft Authenticator app on the tablet.

7 REPLIES 7
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ohholyjoely 

I assume your app is shared with all the users and user needs to click "SignIn" whenever we deploy the app. It won't ask the user to enter credentials but the user needs to click the "Sign in" button only one time.

Thanks,
Stalin - Learn To Illuminate

AmeerJab
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello,

do you have the app shared with the users? does the users have a power apps per app plan?does your app contain a custom connectors associated with it?

I may not be familiar enough to accurately answer that. I do have three connectors in the app: Office 365 Outlook, Office 365 Users, and SharePoint. The end users all have the Power Apps for Office 365 service. We also have per-user MFA enabled.

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ohholyjoely 

Good, Looks users have a license to use it. And also the app needs to be shared with the users as well.

Please share the Canvas/PowerApps with the users.

• Go to https://make.powerapps.com/
  • Select the correct environment
  • Click "Apps" on the left Navigation
  • Select the app that users need access
  • Click "..." there dot and click Share
  • Select the users or AD group
  • Click "Share" on the bottom.

StalinPonnusamy_0-1636378853037.png

Thanks,

ohholyjoely
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but it is already shared with everyone in the organization.

Hi @ohholyjoely 

Can you make sure users have licenses to use PowerApps? Here is MS Article for License for reference. All the connectors (Office 365 Outlook, Office 365 Users, and SharePoint) that you are using are standard ones.

When the user clicks "SignIn" what happens?

Thanks,

ohholyjoely
Frequent Visitor

If I try using the Power Apps webpart in SP it will prompt them to sign in. Clicking on "Sign in" will not show a login prompt. It will just flash, keep "Sign in" on the screen, and behind it you can make out what looks to say "This app isn't available. Try again later".

If you go to Google Chrome and open the site, it will load the power app in the web part without a sign in prompt. If I go back to the SP app and go to the same page (same one I just looked at in Google Chrome) then the app will work as expected - no sign in prompt. Seems to be an issue with the app? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,811)